Cloud-Based VoIP Fraud Detection
Telecom fraud poses a serious threat to your business. It must be stopped quickly and automatically to minimize losses.
How do you detect toll fraud automatically and quickly, without disrupting or slowing your network or blocking legitimate calls? How do you stop illegal robocallers? And how can you ensure you’re future-ready for secure caller ID with STIR/SHAKEN? Perhaps you should consider SIP Analytics with ClearIP.
Sign Up for a Demo
Prevent VoIP fraud using SIP Analytics in the cloud
Five Reasons to Consider ClearIP:
- FASTEST detection and automatic prevention of telecom fraud
- EASIEST fully-functional telecom Fraud Management System (FMS)
- LEAST-DISRUPTIVE fully-featured FMS
- UNMATCHED precision controls
- ONLY fully-featured FMS that’s ready-to-go with secure caller ID (STIR/SHAKEN)
Fastest Detection and Automatic Prevention
ClearIP provides real-time telecom fraud detection in the cloud, powered by our pioneering SIP Analytics. Unlike call detail record (CDR) analysis, SIP Analytics inspects calls before call setup and stops fraud attacks immediately. It's the fastest telecom fraud detection technique available.
ClearIP identifies a variety of fraud attack profiles, including:
- Fast traffic-pumping
- Slow traffic-pumping
- Theft of service
Easiest to Acquire, Implement, Use and Maintain
- Easy to acquire. Terms include free evaluation, month-to-month software fee based on call volume/features used, and no long-term obligation, making it easy to start using ClearIP—so you can stop costly fraud attacks sooner.
- Easy to implement. Unlike CDR analysis, there’s no complicated data mapping required. No network probe hardware devices to install (potentially slowing down your network), and it's simple to configure.
- Easy to use:
- Automatically blocks calls. Unlike other FMSs that just issue warnings, ClearIP’s automated blocking keeps your network safe in milliseconds, without the need for case management to dispatch staff to manually stop attacks at all hours—providing much faster protection and saving thousands in staff costs.
- Self-learning. It calculates fraud threshholds based upon historical call patterns in your network and sensitivity controls that you can adjust to fine-tune fraud alert handling.
- Powerful, easy-to-use user interface and extensive reporting. The system gives you what you need to thoroughly understand call and fraud detection activity.
- Option to receive the Location Routing Number (LRN) in a SIP 302 response for calls to U.S. and Canadian numbers at no extra charge. Save money on LRN dips while protecting your network with the fastest fraud detection solution available.
- Easy to maintain. Because it’s cloud-based, there’s no on-premise hardware or software to install and maintain. The system takes care of that for you—just set up a few configuration items, point a SIP trunk to ClearIP, and you’re up and running. Save space, money and staffing requirements associated with on-premise FMSs.
- Uses standard SIP messages. ClearIP looks and behaves like any other SIP device, so you won’t have to tinker with your network to make it work. Your network engineers will breathe easier knowing that introducing ClearIP fraud detection into your call flow is safe, reliable, and unobtrusive.
- Does fraud assessment before calls begin. The system detects and blocks fraudulent calls before they begin to prevent service disruptions, rather than after calls have ended, for faster fraud prevention.
- Only blocks a narrow subset of call types that activated the fraud triggers. Legitimate calls continue uninterrupted, so you can prevent fraud losses and provide the reliable service users expect.
- Supports call diversion. Automatically divert suspicious calls to a CAPTCHA gateway to screen robocalls. This gives you more flexibility to fine tune call-handling policies for fewer robocalls and happier users.
Unmatched Precision Controls
- Set broad defaults, or get very specific. Precise fraud-handling policies can be set by calling party and call destination. The level of detail and granularity is up to you: set a few high-level defaults or make policy exceptions in advance to greatly reduce the need for manual intervention, saving staffing workload.
- Robocall handling. Block robocalls by reputation service or divert to our CAPTCHA gateway. Spares customers from annoying, illegal robocalls, many of which are designed to perpetrate fraud.
- Supports flexible blacklisting and whitelisting of calling and called numbers. Subscribers can create their own customized blacklists and whitelists. You can also use the TransNexus Shield database of blacklist numbers, which we update hourly.
Ready for Secure Caller ID with STIR/SHAKEN
Nuisance robocalls are difficult to avoid because robocallers can spoof their caller ID. The telecom industry has developed a technical standard, STIR, and a framework, SHAKEN, for Secure Telephone Identity (STI) using digitally-signed SIP identity tokens and the public key infrastructure (PKI). We've added STI functionality using STIR/SHAKEN to ClearIP, and it's ready for you to evaluate today so you can satisfy potential future regulatory requirements and industry initiatives.
Get Started Today
It's easy to start your free, no-commitment evaluation today. Sign up for an interactive demonstration using the form above and start protecting your network. Preventing telecom fraud has never been faster or easier.