If you’re a voice service provider in the U.S. or Canada, you’re facing regulatory mandates and market pressure to prevent unwanted robocalls. This requires call authentication, and the accepted industry solution for that is STIR/SHAKEN.
Here’s what sets our STIR/SHAKEN solutions apart:
- Most affordable commercial STIR/SHAKEN software solutions available
- Many happy customers using them in production networks
- Works with your existing network
- Fully standards-based
- One of the first to complete testing with the ATIS Robocalling Testbed to confirm proper use of the standards
- Lead the market in support for new STIR/SHAKEN capabilities
- Support for Centralized SHAKEN Server configuration using an HTTP-based RESTful API per ATIS-1000082
- We make deployment easy:
- We can help you with your robocall mitigation program and FCC certification filing preparation as required by the FCC Second Report and Order.
“We still have a lot of TDM traffic. We started ClearIP STIR/SHAKEN with our Ribbon switchboard in release 14. We have zero cost in it. It works very well. We’re TRACED Act compliant today.”
— Dave Frigen, COO, Wabash Communications
Our customers tell us that our SHAKEN solutions are the most flexible, easiest to deploy, and best value for the money that they found.
STIR/SHAKEN information hub
Whitepapers, videos, and more
TransNexus STIR/SHAKEN solutions
Our STIR/SHAKEN applications are complete, turnkey solutions that include everything you need to deploy STIR/SHAKEN quickly and easily.
“We’re running version 9.3 on our Metaswitch. We have a lot of TDM traffic. It was a simple process to get ClearIP STIR/SHAKEN up and running.”
— John Smith, COO, Blue Valley Tele-Communications
In addition, these turnkey solutions offer leading-edge capabilities you might not find elsewhere.
Out-of-Band STIR/SHAKEN call authentication
There are real-world issues that prevent successful transmission of the SHAKEN identity token across today’s telephone network. These issues limit the effectiveness of STIR/SHAKEN:
- Non-IP networks (e.g., TDM) cannot transmit the identity token.
- Some SIP network gear removes the identity token.
- Some SIP networks use UDP, which is prone to packet loss and fragmentation.
One solution to these problems would be for service providers to upgrade their networks. But such upgrades are expensive and time consuming, especially for larger, more complex networks.
There’s another way: Out-of-Band STIR/SHAKEN call authentication. With this approach, the identity token is sent separately, or out of band, across the internet. Everything else about the STIR/SHAKEN process remains the same.
TransNexus has developed Out-of-Band STIR/SHAKEN capability and includes it as an option in our STIR/SHAKEN solutions to help make STIR/SHAKEN benefits available to all subscribers and their providers. SHAKEN identity tokens can be sent in band, out of band, or both. This can be configured for subsets of calls, so you have considerable flexibility to send some tokens in band and others out of band.
“We are seeing some calls with a ‘[V]’ in front of the caller name. It surprised some of our customers. Once we explained what it means, that the caller ID was verified for that call, they were excited.”
— Rob Good, IT Director, Rhode Island Telephone
Rich Call Data
Rich Call Data is additional information about the caller sent in the SHAKEN token. The information is presented to the called parties, hopefully encouraging them to answer the calls.
We think this will be a game changer, especially for enterprises calling their customers. Imagine how helpful Rich Call Data would be in these situations:
- A doctor’s office calls their patient to confirm an appointment.
- A school clinic calls a parent to let them know their child is sick.
- A delivery driver calls to confirm that someone is home to sign for the delivery.
- A service contractor (e.g., plumber, electrician) calls to make sure someone is home to let the contractor in to do the work.
Rich Call Data provides a great opportunity for service providers:
- Service providers can offer Rich Call Data service to enterprise customers as a value-add.
- Because it’s built on STIR/SHAKEN, it’s secure. No spoofing.
- The enterprise customer provides the Rich Call Data, so it’s up-to-date and brand compliant.
TransNexus has included support for Rich Call Data in our STIR/SHAKEN solutions.
“Our customers can now see incoming calls verified with a special signature or certificate, letting them know they can trust what they see on their caller ID.”
— Joe White, CTO, Brightlink
Other robocall prevention measures
STIR/SHAKEN doesn’t prevent unwanted robocalls by itself—it prevents caller ID spoofing.
There are other call analytics techniques designed to prevent robocalls, but they are less effective when the calling number has been spoofed.
Effective robocall prevention requires both STIR/SHAKEN, to check for spoofing, and call analytics, which are much more effective when you know whether the number was spoofed.
These robocall prevention methods include:
- Reputation service
- Blacklist services
- Invalid numbers
- On-net calls from external networks
- Curated list of high-risk numbers
- Real time dynamic traffic analysis with SIP Analytics
TransNexus offers these services with our software products. They work great together.
“As soon as ClearIP services started, robocalls disappeared. Checking the email alerts from the CAPTCHA gateway, there were no false positives. Implementation was the easiest setup we’ve ever done. We received a very quick response to our inquiry, and setup was very fast.”
— Brian, Senior Voice Engineer, TelWare
The TransNexus difference
Our STIR/SHAKEN solutions offer distinctive advantages you might not find with other solutions:
- Works with any network
- Most of our customers deploy our STIR/SHAKEN solutions with very little additional investment in their existing networks.
- Complete turnkey solution
- You won’t have to source the necessary components from multiple vendors
- Everything is tightly integrated
- We provide a single point of contact for support
- Extensive experience
- TransNexus solutions completed the ATIS test bed in 2017
- First production deployment in 2018
- Widespread production deployments beginning in April 2019
- Many voice service providers are using our solutions in their production networks today
- Standards compliant
- We were one of the first to complete the ATIS Robocalling Testbed for interoperability and compliance with standards.
- We participate in industry associations and follow the latest trends to respond quickly to keep our software up to date.
- Leading-edge capabilities
- Many other services are available in one tightly integrated package
- Telecom fraud prevention
- Robocall prevention (call analytics)
- Telephony Denial of Service (TDoS) prevention
- Least cost routing
- Analytics and reporting
Let us show you
Contact us today to learn how we can help you with your STIR/SHAKEN deployment.
This information will only be used to respond to your inquiry. TransNexus will not share your data with any third parties. We will retain your information for as long as needed to retain a record of your inquiry. For more information about how we use personal data, please see our privacy statement.