ITG reappointed Registered Traceback Consortium
The FCC announced that it has reappointed the Industry Traceback Group (ITG), originally established by USTelecom, as the Registered Traceback Consortium, a role required by the TRACED Act. The announcement also describes recent ITG improvements.
iconectiv also filed a letter of intent to apply for the Registered Traceback Consortium role. iconectiv currently serves in several industry roles:
- Secure Telephone Identity Policy Administrator (STI-PA)
- Local Number Portability Administrator (LNPA) managing the nation’s Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC)
- TRS Numbering Directory operator for iTRS services.
The Commission’s announcement concluded that the incumbent Traceback Group most fully satisfies the statutory and regulatory requirements.
ITG traceback improvements
We noted some interesting comments by the ITG regarding improvements they have made in the traceback process:
- Launched a new platform for law enforcement
- Deployed an automatic alert system to notify providers of potential compliance issues
- Integrated comment features and a formal dispute system for providers
- Is now collecting STIR/SHAKEN information regarding calls traced back
- Increased the number of data partners to include data from:
- ZipDX’s RRAPTOR system
- Implemented new privacy features to redact information that is no longer needed.
TransNexus is a leader in developing innovative software to manage and protect telecommunications networks. The company has over 20 years’ experience in providing telecom software solutions including toll fraud prevention, robocall mitigation and prevention, TDoS prevention, analytics, routing, billing support, STIR/SHAKEN and SHAKEN certificate services.
Contact us today to learn more.
This information will only be used to respond to your inquiry. TransNexus will not share your data with any third parties. We will retain your information for as long as needed to retain a record of your inquiry. For more information about how we use personal data, please see our privacy statement.
TransNexus has a comprehensive suite of robocall mitigation solutions to prevent the origination of unlawful robocalls.Learn more