Acme Packet named a leader in Magic Quadrant for SBCs
Acme Packet recently announced that Gartner has positioned them in the Leaders Quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers.
Service provider and enterprise customers choose Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director session border controller (SBC) for ensuring the delivery of secure, reliable, and interoperable, interactive communications across multiple IP networks.
- Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director was recognized in the Leaders Quadrant based for the company’s ability to execute and completeness of vision in the SBC market.
- Gartner describes Leader companies as “high-viability technology providers that are well positioned with their current product portfolio and likely to continue delivering leading products. They have a global presence and are recognized as major vendors in the SBC market.”
- The Gartner report states that, “CSPs [communications service providers] need to know that their vendor will maintain an adequate road map and enable it to sustain a high-performance network in a competitive environment. They should therefore look for evidence of resources, expertise and capital to investment in SBC technology in the long term.”
Session Border Controller leadership
- Acme Packet is widely considered to have been the first company to bring SBC technology to market, introducing the first Net-Net SBC product in 2002. Acme Packet holds more than 57 patents related to SBC technology worldwide.
- Acme Packet recently announced their most powerful platform for session delivery, the Net-Net 6300, which sets a new standard for platforms designed to deliver unprecedented throughput, performance, and capacity.
- Acme Packet has more than 1,150 service provider customers, including 89 of the top 100 service providers, and 18 of the top 25 multiple system operators worldwide.
- Acme Packet has more than 700 enterprise customers, including 48 of the Fortune 100.
- In the first three quarters of 2012, Acme Packet has added 244 customers worldwide, which includes 84 service provider customers.
- The company has also sold over 20,000 systems to more than 1,850 customers in 109 countries.
“Acme Packet continues to lead the industry by providing a highly-evolved, field-proven SBC solution to service providers and enterprises across the globe,” said Andy Ory, chief executive officer, Acme Packet. “We believe that our placement in the Leaders Quadrant recognizes Acme Packet’s strength in the marketplace and its ability to innovate and satisfy the requirements of our customers.”