The ClearIP Proxy enables easy integration between a SIP telecommunications network and ClearIP.
This software is not required in all ClearIP deployments, but some ClearIP customers prefer to use it because it can make deployment easier with their telecom network equipment and software.
The ClearIP Proxy performs the following functions:
- Receives SIP messages from network elements within a telecommunications network
- Maintains a secure encrypted connection with ClearIP
- Sends information over this secure connection to ClearIP
- Receives information back from ClearIP based upon services performed
- Sends the formatted information to network elements.
In summary, the ClearIP Proxy acts as secure message relay.
The ClearIP Proxy works with any SIP-based telecom system.
The ClearIP Proxy can be configured in several different ways according to the preferences and requirements of the service provider. The following figure shows an illustrative configuration:
In this arrangement, the ClearIP Proxy receives SIP INVITEs, sends them to ClearIP, receives the replies and sends the message to the appropriate network elements (e.g., switch, SBC).
ClearIP Proxy installation
- Create Virtual Machines (VMs) inside your private network with 4 GB of RAM and 2 cores running CentOS 7.x or Redhat 7.x.
- The VMs must have access to the internet.
- The VMs should not have public IP addresses. We recommend that you set up them up with Network Address Translation (NAT) through a firewall.
- No ports should be opened for external access.
- All connections to ClearIP from your network will be initiated through proxies running in the VMs. They will connect to ClearIP using TLS 1.2, so all traffic will be encrypted.
- The ClearIP Proxies will accept SIP messages on all interfaces via UDP (5060), TCP (5060), and TLS 1.2 (5061).
- Only trusted devices should be able to send SIP messages to the ClearIP Proxies. If untrusted devices exist on the same network as the ClearIP Proxies, you must use a firewall to limit access.
- The ClearIP Proxy starts when installed and whenever its VM is rebooted. There is no starting/stopping or further configuration required.
- To install the ClearIP Proxy on each VM, run this command:
curl https://files.transnexus.com/clearip/installProxy.sh | sh -s
Contact us today for more information on ClearIP and the ClearIP Proxy.
This information will only be used to respond to your inquiry. TransNexus will not share your data with any third parties. We will retain your information for as long as needed to retain a record of your inquiry. For more information about how we use personal data, please see our privacy statement.
ClearIP delivers the fastest, easiest, most-precise prevention of toll fraud, robocalls and TDoS attacks. It’s ready-to-go with STIR/SHAKEN.Learn more