High-volume callers tentatively endorse SIP 603+
In a breakthrough meeting with the FCC, a group of associations representing lawful high-volume callers said that the SIP 603+ standard holds potential for effective call blocking notification. However, they said that prompt Commission action is necessary. Here’s what’s happening.
The “Associations” that participated in the discussion with Commission staff included:
- American Bankers Association
- ACA International
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management
- Credit Union National Association
- National Association of Federally Insured Credit Unions
- National Council of Higher Education Resources
- American Express
In this meeting, the Associations made the following points:
- On its face, the standard seems to provide the requisite information for meaningful notification.
- Until SIP 603+ has been tested and implemented, it’s premature to remove SIP 608 from the rules.
- The voice service providers that Association members have talked to say they’re willing to test but haven’t provided a timeline or next steps.
- Therefore, the Associations believe Commission action is necessary to get things moving with SIP 603+ testing and usage. “Absent a deadline, providers and equipment vendors may lack the requisite incentive (a) to promptly engage in testing… and then (b) to deploy the necessary equipment updates.”
- The Associations urge the Commission to establish a deadline (they recommend six months) for testing and, if testing shows it’s workable, implementation of SIP 603+.
- American Bankers Association and Joint Trades ex parte letter on robocall blocking notification with SIP 603+.
- SIP 603+ robocall blocking standard approved (briefly describes the standard).
TransNexus is a leader in developing innovative software to manage and protect telecommunications networks. The company has over 20 years’ experience in providing telecom software solutions including toll fraud prevention, robocall mitigation and prevention, TDoS prevention, analytics, routing, billing support, STIR/SHAKEN and SHAKEN certificate services.
Contact us today to learn more.
This information will only be used to respond to your inquiry. TransNexus will not share your data with any third parties. We will retain your information for as long as needed to retain a record of your inquiry. For more information about how we use personal data, please see our privacy statement.
TransNexus has a comprehensive suite of robocall mitigation solutions to prevent the origination of unlawful robocalls.Learn more