U.S. SHAKEN Governance Authority issues year-end report for 2020
The SHAKEN Governance Authority (STI-GA) issued their year-end report for 2020 in which they outlined progress made in STIR/SHAKEN deployment in the U.S. Here are highlights.
Organization and participation
- Initial Policy Administrator (STI-PA) system was launched in December 2019, with STI-GA acceptance in February 2020.
- There were two approved vendors of SHAKEN systems prior to roll out (TransNexus was one).
- Any service provider working with an approved vendor does not have to go through the STI-PA staging process, since the vendor’s product has already proven capable of interacting with the STI-PA system’s API.
- There were three authorized service providers at the start of 2020, and 74 authorized service providers by the end of 2020.
- There were four certificate authorities (STI-CAs) at the start of 2020 (TransNexus was one).
- Two were service providers that formed STI-CAs to issue certificates for themselves.
- One was a vendor that initially served a limited audience of its customer base.
- One was open to assign certificates to all service providers (TransNexus).
- There were eight STI-CAs by the end of 2020.
The STI-GA made the following policy announcements:
- Revised the SPC token access policy. The initial policy required service providers to have access to numbering resources from the NANPA and NPA. This requirement will be replaced with a new requirement that service providers file a certification with the FCC Robocall Mitigation database when it becomes available, which is expected sometime during April–June 2021.
- Created SPC token revocation and reinstatement policies.
- Revised its Certificate Policy for STI-CAs in April.
- Created a policy change request process.
- Changed the funding policy.
In addition, we help service providers with all aspects of STIR/SHAKEN deployment, including registering with the Policy Administrator and filing their Robocall Mitigation certification with the FCC.
Contact us today to learn more.
This information will only be used to respond to your inquiry. TransNexus will not share your data with any third parties. We will retain your information for as long as needed to retain a record of your inquiry. For more information about how we use personal data, please see our privacy statement.
Our STIR/SHAKEN products:
- Most affordable commercial solutions
- Work with any TDM and/or SIP network
- Include support with all aspects of deployment.