SHAKEN for TDM podcast
In this audio podcast, Andrew Ward and Alec Fenichel discuss the two new standards that enable using SHAKEN with calls that transit TDM segments along their call path. These standards enable much broader, widespread use of SHAKEN call authentication to help combat illegal robocalls.
There’s something in this podcast for everyone, from a simple overview of what these methods do, to a discussion of typical questions that listeners with deep technical knowledge may have.
- Two new ATIS standards and technical report for SHAKEN for TDM
- Extending STIR/SHAKEN over TDM
- Out-of-Band SHAKEN
- How these methods work
- SHAKEN with call forwarding—the DIV PASSporT
- Coming enhancements to the Extending SHAKEN method
- How the Out-of-Band CPS (Call Placement Service) network works
- Replication across the CPS network
- Does the timing work?
- Could a bad actor leverage PASSporTs in the CPS network?
- Access credentials and security of the CPS network
- Predictions for the future of illegal robocalls and evolution of the SHAKEN ecosystem
- ATIS Press Release: ATIS Addresses Non-IP Call Authentication
- ATIS-1000095: ATIS Standard on SHAKEN: Out-of-Band PASSporT Transmission Involving TDM Networks
- ATIS-1000096: ATIS Standard on SHAKEN: Out-of-Band PASSporT Transmission Involving TDM Networks
- ATIS-1000097: ATIS Technical Report on Alternatives for Caller Authentication for Non-IP Traffic
About Award Consulting
Our STIR/SHAKEN products:
- Work with your existing network
- Support SIP and TDM
- Affordable, easy to deploy
Award Consulting is a team of expert telecoms engineers focused on serving ILECs and CLECs in North America. They are the leading independent experts in Metaswitch products.
This podcast is part of a podcast series hosted by Andrew Ward, VoIP for Independent Telecoms.
We provide an STI-CPS, the TransNexus CPS, which is available to any SHAKEN-authorized service provider free of charge. It’s part of the national network of STI-CPSs. We can also provide a private STI-CPS, either hosted or on-premises, to service providers.
Contact us today to learn more.
This information will only be used to respond to your inquiry. TransNexus will not share your data with any third parties. We will retain your information for as long as needed to retain a record of your inquiry. For more information about how we use personal data, please see our privacy statement.